Sunday, June 8, 2008

My Qualifications

My Qualifications

I have said this elsewhere, in fact several elsewheres; however I believe it merits repeating.

Everything on this website is strictly my own opinion, unless I quote someone; and even then, unless I say otherwise, that opinion expressed has likely become or supports my own.

I'm sure you already assumed this.

There are some opinions I express ( maybe even most) that are meaningless either because the subject discussed is of no consequence, or because I flat-out do not know what I am talking about (Politics is an excellent example.)

However, regarding the Bible and Christian doctrine, I make exception. And I do so for several reasons. First, I spend a great deal of time studying the Bible and commentaries. Second, I have my own experiences upon which I base my opinions, and third, I consider the subject to be of utmost importance.

To say that I disagree with most of the commentaries and doctrines floating around is a vast understatement, which anyone having read but a few pages on this site can readily attest. And those opinions I contest are often strongly supported by hundreds of years of tradition and study, and by many of the most scholarly and respected people in the world.

So who am I to I think I know more than they? Who do I think I am to confront such an array of experts?

My qualifications? I don't have a High School diploma to flaunt. I have no Bible School to pin a label to. I'm not a preacher, or an Elder, not even an usher of a church. I have never been a Missionary, nor have I, as far as I know, ever led anyone to Christ.

In fact I have only two qualifications that I can present.

The first, I feel I have been given a call to write and present this website for the whosoever will that may be led to it, even if that happens to be but one person who feels they have been helped by it.

And second, I feel a great need to deflect as many souls as I can from the broad road to destruction, onto the straight and narrow road to joy and salvation.

So if I come on strong, which I do, it is because I am reacting like someone who sees a person standing in front of a Mac truck that is heading toward them; I yell as I run at them and knock them out of the way.

Perhaps that person was directing the driver of the truck, or had some other good, safe reason to be where he was, but my feeling is that I would rather look like the fool and be condemned as reckless, rather than have to stand before God and have to explain why I just stood by and watched a truck run over someone.

As to my opinions and what I "preach;" do I think I'm right and so many are wrong?

Of course.

Do I think you should abandon the doctrines you hold to and follow those I tout, if mine disagree with yours?

Not a bit of it. But I do think you should investigate what I have to say (I provide plenty of Scriptures to look up), just as everyone should study the Bible and learn what it has to tell them.

And I fully believe that everyone should have the Holy Spirit as their Councilor and Instructor when they read this website, or any other such material, and especially when they read the Bible.

And if what I say isn't in the Bible, I think you should ignore what I have said.

I believe that when you stand before God, you (we) will have to stand on our own decisions, and not fall back on the teachings of others, no matter who that might be.

Incidently, I have pulled several articles from this website -- not because I have changed my mind concerning them, but because I felt they expressed too strong an attitude toward a particular group, or left room for my meaning to be misunderstood. I republish these as they are "cleaned up."

Tumbleweed